Aachoo! When your evil friend appears just when you’re getting ready for a security check at the airport replaying your sales pitch in your head for your 4pm business meeting in Florida, it is absolutely unwelcome. To top it off when you do not have any medication on you since you did not anticipate it’s unwelcome arrival, you now find yourself in a sticky situation.
Make sure to take the following steps to fight your impending illness before the lone arrival turns into a full fledged party bringing with it a headache, sore throat, red groggy eyes and a running nose:
1. Wash your hands; Use sanitizer to fend off any further germs.
2. Find medication at the airport at the numerous news stands/ shops or ask your airline staff for assistance.
3. Hydrate yourself by drinking lots of water. On the airplane when your air intake consists of only dry air this is an extremely important precaution. When in flight take in as much hot water as possible.
4. The best way to fight a cold is to sleep. Yes it’s true so catch up on all the sleep you have lost while trying to make those profit figures go up.
5. Wrap yourself in a warm blanket to avoid feeling cold. That will do wonders for your immunity.
6. Make it a rule to carry cold medication, sanitizer, sweatshirt and some tissues while traveling next.