Cleaning an office takes time and effort, to maintain it as a first class work-space takes expertise and specialized equipment. The efficient way to handle the maintenance of your professional office is to hire a professional cleaning company to handle the task so that you can focus on other high level priorities. As you know, there are dozens if not hundredths of professional office cleaning services in Boston and researching and finding the right one can be a daunting task. Therefore we have a few tips below for your consideration:
- A professional office cleaning service must be equipped with proper equipment and supplies to provide the service required. If a company asks you to provide anything such as ladders, cleaning agents or vacuums, that’s a very bad sign and you should run away from them!
- NOTE: additional supplies such as toiletries, tissue paper or additional bathroom and kitchen supplies could be provided by your professional office cleaning service at an additional cost. If it’s a small company, they may not be equipped to offer the additional supplies for an affordable cost; if this is very important for you so you don’t have to worry about purchasing such items, ask the company to confirm they can provide such additional supplies. If possible, try to find out if they shop at the local Home Depot or if they actually have a supplier that offers them better pricing. Obviously, you want to go with a company that has at least 1 or 2 major supplier that can offer the lowest cost possible.
- Ask the company to confirm in writing that their staff is properly screened for work authorizations, criminal records, etc.
- Ask for commercial references. If the company provides a personal or a residential cleaning client as a reference that probably means that they are just starting out. If you have an office that requires a high level of attention you should ask them for a commercial client reference. Cleaning a home is much different than cleaning a professional office and thus it requires different knowledge and training for the staff.
- Ask for the company’s insurance certificate – always! Prior to the walk-thru, the professional cleaning office service should have asked you to send them your requirements. This prevents wasting your time and theirs – if they did not, it probably means that they have no clue what they are doing or that they have sufficient insurance and umbrella coverage to cover huge buildings. Regardless, review the certificates to avoid wasting your time.
We hope some of this tips have been helpful! Stay tuned for the next set of tips coming soon! Cheers!